General Manège & Arena Construction
Using tried and tested methods, high quality materials and experienced teams has helped Chapelstone Equestrian become one of the top arena constructors in the country. We constantly research new materials and technology enabling us to offer our customers a wide range of surfaces and designs to suit all disciplines. The construction of an all-weather riding arena is an investment that when constructed properly should give years of life. That’s why, with full confidence in our workmanship and materials we are able to give every Chapelstone arena a peace of mind 5 year warranty (subject to correct maintenance).
Our project team provides a free and full estimate with no obligation.
Following is a brief outline of how we build your new arena, however this is just a guide and should not be followed for self-install as every site is different.
Groundwork starts by levelling the site using cut and fill techniques and laser technology. Once the area has been levelled drainage channels are cut in according to site conditions, perforated landrain pipe is laid in and then trenches are backfilled with drainage stone.
A membrane is laid over the entire base, perimeter posts are installed and a suitable angular aggregate is put down. This is compacted and rolled to create a firm, flat level surface at a depth that will support the riding surface, horse and rider even when jumping. Kickboards are installed and a second membrane is installed with all seams being sealed.
A suitable arena riding surface is then laid. With so many different riding surfaces available it’s important to make an informed choice. We are pleased to offer free advice so please give us a call to discuss your options.
The fencing is then completed, rails are secured using galvanized clout nails, post tops are machine cut at an angle( to allow water run-off which also assists in rider safety), then cut tops are re-treated with wood preserve. Gate posts are concreted in, entrance gates are hung (most just have one)complete with Equi-catches.
Key Points: Arena Construction
- Full site survey
- Surface levelled using fill and cut techniques with laser technology
- Drainage laid in according to site conditions
- Membrane laid at base level
- Non-woven membrane below riding surface with sealed joints (to stop migration of riding surface to drainage and for horse and rider safety)
- Low fines angular aggregate used below riding surface (at sufficient depth to support the riding surface, horse and rider even when jumping).
- Quality treated posts and rail fencing with 2.7m long posts being concreted in.
- Three rails secured using galvanised clout nails
- Cut post tops re-treated with wood preserve
- Five year base installation warranty (riding surface limited to manufacturers or suppliers warranty subject to correct maintenance.)
“The arena you put in seven years ago still rides fantastic even through the summer months…”